Building Rental Information
Wedding, party and meeting venue rental for the Johnston/Des Moines, Iowa area.
The Johnston Lions Club community building, located at NW 64th Place and Merle Hay Road, is available for rental for a wedding, a wedding reception, a party, a business meeting, training and other functions. For these events, renters are able to use a caterer of their choice. Capacity of the building is 250.
The club Building Manager, Dawn Proudfoot, may be contacted by Email or by telephone at 515-421-3127.
Johnston Lions Club Building Rental Policies
- Wine, beer, and /or champagne may be served on the premises. NO HARD LIQUOR OR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES ARE ALLOWED ON THE LIONS CLUB PREMISES. A Police Officer in uniform will be contracted by the Lions Club at the renter’s expense for the duration of time alcohol will be dispensed.
- Deposit and Damage Fee: The deposit damage fee may be used by the Lions for repair of any damages sustained during the tenant’s rental period. Tenant shall also be responsible to pay the Lions for any damages in which the cost of repair is more than the deposit. The costs of such repairs shall be solely determined by the Lions based upon the reasonable cost of repair rendered by the Lions’ repairman or by an independent repair service supplier. The deposit may also be used for any non-payment of rent. The deposit will be refunded in full after an inspection of the club property has been made by the Building Manager or other designated Lions member and it is determined that no damages have been found and all rental payments have been made.
- Cancellations: Tenant understands the Lions Club building is often reserved for several months in advance and that cancellations are costly to the Lions. The deposit and first rental fees shall not be refunded to the tenant unless, upon application made by the Tenant to the Lions Board of Directors, it is determined there was a natural disaster, inclement weather or other severe emergency that would warrant refund of the fee. Any refund will be at the sole discretion of the Lions Board of Directors.
- The contract signer is renting the building on behalf of the named organization, family, or individuals and understands that they, its members and the undersigned shall be responsible for conducting themselves in an orderly manner at all times while on the premises and all shall be financially responsible for damages that may occur during the rental period.
- Before leaving the building, trash in the building and on the premises must be placed in the dumpster outside and the furnishings returned to their pre-rental locations according to the table floor plan. The building must be left in the same condition you found it or the deposit may not be refunded.
- No nails, pins, tacks or tape (of any kind) or other fasteners or fixtures that may cause a mark on the paint or wood can be placed or driven into the building walls, ceilings, floors, or any other surfaces. Renters agree to use only the “S” hooks provided to hang decorations.
- No glitter is permitted. Glitter is impossible to clean up by vacuum; if used, the entire damage deposit will be forfeited.
- No smoking is permitted inside any room of the building.
- All events must terminate and the premises must be vacated by 12 midnight of the last day of rental.
- Arrangements must be made with the Event Coordinator for a mutually convenient time and place to return the key to the building.
- The Johnston Lions Club reserves the right to change any of the Conditions/Rules outlined above with 30 days written notice to the Renter’s address prior to the rental date. Further, the Lions reserve the right to terminate any Renter agreement/event immediately with evidence of any destruction of Lions’ property or neighboring property or for the disturbance of the peace in the area.
- Below is the floor plan diagram of our community building. The facility seats 250 people and is available for parties, weddings, receptions, meetings, and other functions or events.
- Included is a kitchen with a commercial stove, refrigerator/freezer and service counter.
- In addition to the indoor facility, there is a large fenced brick patio and ample parking for guests.
- Banquet room 70′ x 40′
- Club room 10′ x 18′
- Meeting room 19′ x 24′
- Dance floor 25′ x 40′
Tables & Chairs Available:
- 21 – 8′ Rectangular tables
- 10 – 5′ Round tables
- 1 – 6′ Rectangular table
- 2 – 4′ Rectangular tables
- 250 – Folding chairs
Building capacity is 250 people.
|Wedding Receptions||$700||$500||For one (1) day only|
|Wedding Receptions||$100 to $200||For 2nd day|
|Parties and banquets||$350||$500||6 hours or less|
|Church services||$25/hr||Four (4) hours minimum|
|Business, school and organizational meetings||$150 full day|
|Johnston Lions Club members||50% discount
plus $50 cleaning fee
|$300||weddings not included|